Posh Veggie Sandwich - Chickpea, Walnut and Cranberry
For those looking for a more premium vegetarian sandwich to make for work or to enjoy at home, this délicieux recipe includes fresh, nutty flavours that pair perfectly with our soft and buttery tasting St Pierre Sliced Brioche Loaf.
Serves - Filling can be used to make up to four sandwiches
• 1 400g can tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 80g walnuts, chopped
• 2 celery stalks, finely diced
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• 20g dried cranberries
• 100g mayonnaise
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp English mustard
• 1/8 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
• A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
• St Pierre Sliced Brioche Loaf
• Romaine or Iceberg lettuce, tornHalf a red onion, thinly sliced
1. Set aside a small handful of the drained and rinsed chickpeas and blend the rest in a food processor with the chopped walnuts, celery and spring onion until roughly blended.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and then mix in the dried cranberries, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, English mustard, dill and pepper. Season to taste.
3. Spoon the mixture onto one slice of the St Pierre Sliced Brioche Loaf, and then add the lettuce and red onion as desired. And repeat to make second sandwich.
4. Top with the second brioche slice and cut in half.